Technomic’s team of consumer-research experts will design the right methodology to deliver the data and insights you need to better understand consumer trends and behavior. Through ethnographic field work, online choice-based methods, traditional surveys, focus groups (both online and in-person) and predictive analytics, we will help guide you through your business challenges.
For operators: Custom research can help you with brand strategy, new store development, the customer experience, design evaluation and menu development.
For suppliers: Our research is invaluable in new-product development as well as sales and marketing strategy.
Custom Research on Consumers
Understand the spending potential of our proprietary consumer segments, Eater Archetypes, across both foodservices segments and dayparts and identify opportunities for targeting the most lucrative consumer segments for your brand.A Step Further
Look beyond traditional consumer segmentationBehavioral Insights
Identify ideal targets by lifestyle habits, media usage and moreRevealing Data
Uncover concrete opportunities specific to your brand
With MenuSurf, use our actionable menu intelligence to surface the best opportunities for your company and kick-start the innovation process.Robust
Benefit from a comprehensive, multi-phased menu innovation programComplete
Journey from concept ideation to in-market testingFocused
Narrow down new concepts with confidenceEfficient
Menu optimization and market monitoring
Attitude & Usage
Attitude and usage research is essential to meaningful brand planning and can be conducted with brand strategy, menu development and marketing opportunities in mind.
- Develop a thorough and accurate understanding of your guest
- Multipronged research solutions to uncover impactful insights for your brand
- Gain a complete understanding of the competitive landscape
Go a step further beyond a strong consumer understanding to address culinary development, operational issues and system implementation.
- Menu mining and in-depth category analysis to reveal emerging trends
- Quantitative consumer research with advanced analytics and menu-ordering simulations
- Qualitative research for first-person insights into menu attitudes and taste preferences
Brand insights are available on demand through our syndicated Consumer Brand Metrics dashboard, but can also be customized to fit your brand.
- Leverage syndicated and/or customized brand tracking research solutions
- Measure brand equity, perception and performance against your competitive set
- Uncover your brand’s identity by pinpointing its strengths and weaknesses
Ad Testing & Tracking
Optimize your advertisements before campaign launch and watch them in action in the field. Ensure that your target market is engaging with your marketing.
- Track the performance of ads by assessing the strength between ad impressions and trial
- Test advertising with your customer base prior to launching a campaign
- Measure the impact of marketing efforts on brand awareness, usage and perception
Price Sensitivity Modeling
Price sensitivity is a key component to both menu development and revenue management. With our analytic toolkit, we can provide a well-rounded understanding of customer pricing expectations and responses to pricing changes.
- Optimize and/or update your current pricing model
- Test price sensitivity to new items at each stage of the menu development cycle
- Forecast the impact of pricing changes on demand and revenue
New Market Feasibility
Market entry is a challenging process fraught with uncertainty. Be armed with the most important information and Technomic’s expert analysis before deciding to build.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of new markets prior to store development
- Map out the current competitive landscape and key customer segments
- Identify the core customer base with the greatest interest in your brand and measure their expectations
Interested in our global offerings? View our offerings in other markets.
Menu ideations can sound great in theory, but how do they taste? Food taste and flavor is the primary driver of restaurant visitation, so ensure that your creative efforts being executed in the kitchen are truly what your consumer wants and expects from your brand.
- Test new and proposed menu items with your guests and compare the results to your existing menu
- Gather both quantitative and qualitative feedback about your food’s flavor, texture, etc.
- Move forward with the right menu additions and modifications, particularly for new markets