Left Side of the Menu
Appetizers, soups and salads, often referred to as “Left Side of the Menu”, have long been mainstays in the U.S. As the needs and preferences of today’s consumer have shifted, Technomic has published a study to understand the impacts on the left side of the menu (LSM). The study explores
- What is the current size of the appetizer, soup and salad categories, including historical figures and projected estimates?
- Which trends are affecting LSM categories such as health and wellness, global influences, and generational differences?
- How are operators elevating the left side of the menu and what piques the interest of consumers?
- What is the impact of off-premise dining on left side of the menu items?
- Who is today’s LSM customer and what are the drivers for LSM purchases?
- What unmet needs or challenges do operators face with LSM items and how can manufacturers respond?
Starters, soups and salads are integral parts of a menu for operators and this study seeks to provide a greater understanding of what will keep them top-of-mind in the upcoming years.
Scope of Segments
Full-service Restaurants (Midscale & Fine Dining)
Limited-service Restaurants (Fast Food & Fast Casual)
Business & Industry
Colleges & Universities
Scope of Menu Categories
Breaded Other (ex. cheese sticks / fried cheese)
Interested in learning more about Technomic's
Left Side of the Menu Multi Client Study?
About Multi Client Studies
Technomic’s Multi Client Studies offer industry-leading research at a great value. Participants can pool resources with industry peers prior to the study launching, offering them the opportunity to add proprietary questions to the survey. Missed the chance to sponsor a study? Don’t worry – all reports are available for purchase once the research is complete.
What are you waiting for? Start making smarter business decisions while saving time and money. View full library of reports.