The snacking daypart plays an integral role in our daily routines, whether it’s to fight off hunger, combat boredom or substitute a full meal. But one thing is clear—the way consumers think about snacking has evolved, with choices including a wider variety of food and beverages than ever before.
Assess the current status and future outlook for the packaged snacks category with the 2019 Packaged Snacks Multi Client Study. Findings from this study will provide an assessment of opportunities for manufacturers to succeed in the category.
Use this study to:
- Uncover the past performance of the category by product type and determine what factors have contributed to performance.
- Identify emerging hot product types and formats that are driving innovation.
- Understand how to prioritize growth opportunities based on merchandising support, go-to-market initiatives, innovation needs and more.
- Measure how often, when and where specific products are being consumed and what drives purchase frequency and spending levels.
- Determine prevailing practices relative to product assortment and selection for both operators and distributors.
Sweet Packaged Snacks
Cookies, Snack/Cereal Bars, Protein bars, Fruit snacks, Baked goods (includes muffins, brownies and snack cakes, but excludes cookies), All other (includes marshmallow treat bars and toaster pastries)
Salty/Savory Packaged Snacks
Potato chips, Pretzels, Tortilla chips, Snack mixes, Popcorn, Trail mix Crackers, Jerky, All other
Large single-serve (larger retail packages not included)
Limited Service Restaurants
B&I, Colleges & universities, Healthcare (e.g., hospitals, nursing homes, senior living), K-12, Lodging, Recreation, Vending, Micromarkets/Pantry
Note: Categories excluded from scope include candy, gum, mints, beverages and frozen ice cream novelties
Interested in learning more about Technomic's
Packaged Snacks Multi Client Study?
About Multi Client Studies
Technomic’s Multi Client Studies offer industry-leading research at a great value. Participants can pool resources with industry peers prior to the study launching, offering them the opportunity to add proprietary questions to the survey. Missed the chance to sponsor a study? Don’t worry – all reports are available for purchase once the research is complete.
What are you waiting for? Start making smarter business decisions while saving time and money. View full library of reports.