Supermarket Foodservice 2020
Strong growth in foodservice has enabled supermarkets to withstand the business pressures associated with steady declines in other parts of their stores. What once began as simple “home meal replacements” has since evolved into a more sophisticated foodservice destination with expansive selections, made-to-order stations and global cuisines. To better understand where the future is headed for this surging channel, Technomic launched the Supermarket Foodservice 2020 Multi Client Study.
For purposes of this study, Technomic defines supermarket foodservice as ‘fresh prepared (or partially prepared) foods that are found in sections of the store where consumers can pick up ready-to-eat or ready-to-heat items from service counters, stations, or self-service/grab-and-go areas. These are products that do not require extensive preparation beyond reheating (if applicable)’.
What can you solve for?
- For companies who have already found success in the channel, how can your efforts be refined to solidify and extend your position?
- For companies looking to enter or expand into supermarket foodservice, how can you deploy a successful, channel-specific go-to-market strategy?
- What is the current size of the market by category and product type?
- What does the next generation of supermarket foodservice look like by tier?
- Are consumer preferences, behaviors and needs evolving?
Have retailer dynamics, issues and challenges shifted over time?
Report scope includes:
- Hot and cold self-service bars (including prepared entrees, salads, soup)
- Specialty service case (traditional deli meats and cheeses are not included)
- Cafés or restaurants within the store
- Dedicated stations or venues within the prepared foods area (these will vary by store - e.g., pizza, sandwich, stir fry, carvery, grill, etc.
- Grab and go (e.g., “deli wall”, “pre-packs”)
Interested in learning more about Technomic's
Supermarket Foodservice 2020 Multi Client Study?
About Multi Client Studies
Technomic’s Multi Client Studies offer industry-leading research at a great value. Participants can pool resources with industry peers prior to the study launching, offering them the opportunity to add proprietary questions to the survey. Missed the chance to sponsor a study? Don’t worry – all reports are available for purchase once the research is complete.
What are you waiting for? Start making smarter business decisions while saving time and money. View full library of reports.