Technomic’s Category Navigator provides a suite of category-focused solutions based on historical operator purchasing information designed to drive revenue and profit growth. Our Category Navigator solutions can impact both top and bottom line growth by helping you improve your product assortment by category, optimize your pricing strategy and enhance your marketing and sales efforts by prioritizing customers.
Program Elements Include:
- Competitive Analysis
- Category Pricing Snapshot
- Operator Target Snapshot
- Market Projections
Imagine this: You're a chicken manufacturer in search of profitable operator targets to sell your chicken wings.
Discover the three steps for success below.
Appetizers & hors d'ouevres
Baked sweet goods
Bread & rolls
Entrees & sides
Fish & Seafood
Griddle products (mixes & frozen)
Ice cream (bulk & novelties)
Jams, jellies, toppings & syrups
Pasta & rice
Potatoes (excluding fresh)
Sauces & bases
Shortenings & oils
Specialty meats & poultry
Spices & seasonings
Salt & sugar
Program Elements & Key Business Questions
- What are leading manufacturers strengths in the market for my category?
- Are there opportunities for me to optimize my product assortment to better meet operator needs?
- What items are being sold in my category? What are the package formats being used by my competitors?
Category Pricing Snapshot
- Are there opportunities for me to optimize my pricing strategy and increase profitability within my category?
- How are my competitors pricing their items—by case, by operator, by brand? What are the price tiers in my category and how do they vary by operator size?
- How does price sensitivity vary by product, brand, segment, or region?
Operator Target Snapshot
- Where are the biggest sales opportunities for my products?
- How does category purchasing vary by segment, region?
- What operators are buying the most of my product category?
- How should I prioritize my marketing efforts by operator segment, region?
- What is the size of the opportunity in this product category?
- What segments are growing faster that we should be focusing on?
- Are there M&A opportunities based on growth of brands?