New report reveals strategies to help foodservice companies navigate staffing challenges
CHICAGO, Aug. 24, 2021—Technomic recently released the Crisis on the Front Lines Multi Client Study uncovering drivers and deterrents to unit-level employment in the commercial restaurant industry among job seekers and current employees. The strategic study also uncovers strategies and tactics for operators as they navigate staffing locations and positioning their brand as employers of choice.
“Foodservice operators are facing new challenges in connecting with job-seekers while also keeping up with rising consumer demand,” explains Melissa Wilson, advisor at Technomic. “The employment value proposition has changed as a result of the pandemic, and operators will need to adjust hiring and retention strategies to effectively compete for workers in this environment and going forward.”
- The labor crisis is not a temporary situation
- Former restaurant employees who left the industry prior to the pandemic, are now in more traditional career-oriented jobs, including office positions (30%) and teaching/education (17%)
- The employment value proposition has changed
- 85% cite work-life balance and professional management as the most important factors in a job
- Independent restaurants are viewed more positively than chains as employers
- 66% view independent restaurant operators positively as employers vs. 55% who say the same for chains. In fact, 20% say their perceptions of chains as employers are negative or very negative
Contact: Patrick Noone, (312) 506-3852, email@example.com
Technomic Inc., a Winsight company, was founded as a management consulting firm in 1966. Since then, Technomic’s services have grown to encompass cloud-based B2B research tools, consumer and menu trend tracking and other leading strategic research and analytic capabilities, to prioritize and size business opportunities. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants, retailers and multiple other business verticals aligned with the food industry that are looking to make informed decisions to support their business growth. Visit Technomic at www.technomic.com.
Winsight LLC is a business-to-business information company serving the restaurant and noncommercial foodservice, convenience and petroleum retailing and grocery industries. Winsight provides research and analytics, branding solutions, face-to-face opportunities, lead generation initiatives, and content marketing services through products including subscription data products, reports, research tools, research programs, fully custom studies, conferences, custom marketing services, meetings, print and digital trade media. To learn more, visit winsightmedia.com