Supermarket foodservice is a strategic priority for grocers looking to driving incremental revenue and differentiate themselves in the competitive market. Despite rapid growth in the supermarket foodservice channel, COVID-19 has created new obstacles for grocers and grocery stores.
Since 2003, Technomic has been providing a strategic deep dive into the channel, uncovering market sizing, supermarket program offerings and consumer insights, with the Supermarket Foodservice Multi Client Study. The 2022 study uncovers COVID-19’s long-term impact on the channel, as well as a time-series analysis detailing changes in performance and practices over time.
Questions you can answer:
- What is the historical, current and forecasted five-year growth for supermarket foodservice?
- How has COVID-19 impacted grocery store layout and design, value offerings, culinary innovation, operational strategies and menu strategies?
- What are the current supermarket business practices, product offerings, and attitudes and plans regarding foodservices, as well as needs and gaps?
- What are operator packaging and equipment needs, as well as safety and sanitation procedures, in light of COVID-19?
- What are consumers’ unmet needs, category and format preferences, and usage and perceptions of supermarket foodservice?
- Hot and cold self-service bars (including prepared entrees, salads, soup)
- Specialty service case (traditional deli meats and cheeses are not included)
- Cafés or restaurants within the store
- Dedicated stations or venues within the prepared foods area (these will vary by store - e.g., pizza, sandwich, stir fry, carvery, grill, etc.
- Grab and go (e.g., “deli wall”, “pre-packs”)
Interested in learning more about Technomic's
Supermarket Foodservice Multi Client Study?
About Multi Client Studies
Technomic’s Multi Client Studies offer industry-leading research at a great value. Participants can pool resources with industry peers prior to the study launching, offering them the opportunity to add proprietary questions to the survey. Missed the chance to sponsor a study? Don’t worry – all reports are available for purchase once the research is complete.
What are you waiting for? Start making smarter business decisions while saving time and money. View full library of reports.