Supermarket Foodservice Multi Client Study
Supermarket foodservice is a strategic priority for grocers looking to driving incremental revenue and differentiate themselves in the competitive market. Despite rapid growth in the supermarket foodservice channel, COVID-19 has created new obstacles for grocers and grocery stores.
Since 2003, Technomic has been providing a strategic deep dive into the channel, uncovering market sizing, supermarket program offerings and consumer insights, with the Supermarket Foodservice Multi Client Study. The 2022 study uncovers COVID-19’s long-term impact on the channel, as well as a time-series analysis detailing changes in performance and practices over time.
Questions you can answer:
- What is the historical, current and forecasted five-year growth for supermarket foodservice?
- How has COVID-19 impacted grocery store layout and design, value offerings, culinary innovation, operational strategies and menu strategies?
- What are the current supermarket business practices, product offerings, and attitudes and plans regarding foodservices, as well as needs and gaps?
- What are operator packaging and equipment needs, as well as safety and sanitation procedures, in light of COVID-19?
- What are consumers’ unmet needs, category and format preferences, and usage and perceptions of supermarket foodservice?
- Hot and cold self-service bars (including prepared entrees, salads, soup)
- Specialty service case (traditional deli meats and cheeses are not included)
- Cafés or restaurants within the store
- Dedicated stations or venues within the prepared foods area (these will vary by store - e.g., pizza, sandwich, stir fry, carvery, grill, etc.
- Grab and go (e.g., “deli wall”, “pre-packs”)
Still have questions? Contact us.
Please complete all fields.
You May Also Like
Understand the what is driving foodservice consumers in the U.S. and Canada with Ignite Consumer.
Track consumer-rated LTOs, find on-trend flavors, brands and ingredients nationally or by market, and test your own concepts on the fly. varius sem
Set your strategy with foodservice industry size and forecasts, market-level operator intel and more from Ignite Company.
Subscribe to Our Emails
Unique content, conversation and thought leadership from Technomic is just a click away.