Last Revised: February 15, 2017
Thank you for visiting Technomic. You are important to us, and we respect your privacy.
Some sections of our Sites include functionality that permits our website visitors to publicly post comments or other content. You should remember that any information that you provide using such functionality can be read, collected, or used by any other person. We cannot predict or control, and cannot be responsible for, any other person’s or entity’s use of information that you choose to make public. Note that comments to our blogs are generally public, while content posted on our Panels are generally only viewable by other members of the Panel community.
We receive personal information when you register for or use any of the services available through the Sites (“Services”) or otherwise visit or use the Sites. For example, we receive information when you register for a Service, request information from us, sign up for a conference, communicate with us via email, sign up to participate in a Panel, or provide content (through a blog, Panel, or otherwise). This information may include your Site navigation activity, information about your device or browser (including your IP address), profile information (such as your name, job title, employer, and the business segment you work in, as well as contact information), payment transaction data, and your posts to a Panel or blog.
In addition, we may receive, retain, and use communications, transaction details, your IP address, identifying information, and other information about your interactions as typically gathered in order to provide Internet-based services and maintain audit trails, and for security purposes.
Cookies and Analytics
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following reasons:
- for the specific purpose for which personal information was submitted, including to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- to provide Services, including to process and fulfill transactions initiated by you or your employer;
- to register you for events and conferences, as requested;
- to provide prospective attendance data (including prospect and registrant names and job information, but not email addresses) to our conference and event sponsors or potential sponsors;
- to send you opportunities to participate in polls and surveys for our market research purposes;
- to notify you of opportunities to join Panels or attend conferences, or otherwise to market use of our Services;
- for use in our market research and intelligence activities, including statistical studies as further described below;
- to notify you about promotions and special offers regarding products and services offered by Technomic or any of our affiliates, or by any other Technomic business partners;
- to improve the Sites and the Services;
- to study our visitors’ use of the Sites for marketing and internal market research purposes;
- to customize the content and/or layout of our Sites for specific visitors or categories of visitors; and
- to notify you about updates to the Sites and/or the Services.
As indicated above, we use information collected through the Panels and otherwise in the course of surveys and research studies for the purpose of developing market research and intelligence, which we in turn provide to our customers and, on a limited basis, other website visitors. Please note that such information is used in the aggregate, and is not tied to the contributing individual and/or her employer.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to:
- third-party service providers performing services for us, including our analytics and marketing services providers;
- our affiliates and third parties as necessary or appropriate to support us in connection our operation of the Sites and the Services;
- our affiliates for their own business and marketing purposes;
- sponsors and prospective sponsors of conferences or events you express an interest in or register to attend; and
- the resulting or surviving entity of any acquisition, merger, restructuring, or sale of the business unit in connection with which the personal information was collected.
Note that we may from time to time offer special Panels sponsored by one or more third parties (“Sponsored Panels”) under special terms that may include sharing of information concerning and content submitted by Sponsored Panel participants. We will be sure to disclose the existence of any such sharing arrangements before you register for a Sponsored Panel.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information as necessary to comply with any facially valid law, regulation, decree, judgment, order, subpoena or any other governmental order.
In order to broaden our audience, we invite you to send us referrals for people who have expressed interested the Sites. In order to do so, please first obtain the referred person’s permission and then send the name and email address of anyone you wish to refer to email@example.com. We will use this referral information to send a one-time email and inquiry about the person’s interest in the Sites and Services, and to provide them the opportunity for further interactions with us. Individuals who have been referred to the Sites and receive an email will be given the option to decline receipt of future emails and to have their information deleted from our systems.
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information. We employ reasonable security measures to secure and protect the information we receive. Please remember, though, that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our Sites. If we believe that any personal information has been posted by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. Parents may contact us using the methods set forth below to request that information concerning their child be removed from our Sites.
How We Communicate with You, and Your Options
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, your provision of personal information through our Sites constitutes your affirmative consent that we may contact you by mail, email, and other method for any of the purposes stated above.
Without limiting the foregoing, we may use your email address for marketing, or to send information, respond to inquiries, to conduct surveys or solicit your participation in surveys, and/or address other requests or questions. Any marketing email communications we send to you will be accompanied by an mechanism to opt-out of receiving those emails in the future, in compliance with the federal Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (“CAN-SPAM”). In addition, we will separately obtain express or implied consent from you before contacting you whenever we are required to do so by law (such as the Canadian “anti spam” law).
Note that, in some cases, you may have registered for Services that are provided via email. If such Services are transactional in nature (e.g., Panel membership for reward accumulation, or trial newsletter subscriptions), the exercise of an opt-out right in response to a marketing email will not cancel your registration for Services. However, we will always offer you an opportunity to cancel any Services in keeping with the applicable Services terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California's “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in connection with purchasing products or services from us may make a request concerning personal information, if any, that we have shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing purposes. Such a request may be made by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line of the message. In response to such a request, we will provide information as required by the California law for the previous calendar year concerning such other businesses and the categories of personal information, if any, that we have shared with them.
Online Tracking / Do-Not-Track Signals
Currently, various Internet browsers offer a “Do-Not-Track” option that uses a header to indicate a Do-Not-Track preference on the browser. Because the providers of Do-Not-Track and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, we currently do not respond to those signals. For more information about Do-Not-Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
If you do not reside in the United States and are visiting our Sites, and you provide personal information to us, it may be transferred to and processed on computers in the United States or Canada. Do not use the Sites or provide your personal information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict these types of transfers. If you have further questions about extraterritorial use of the Sites or the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these privacy policies, please call us at 312-876-0004 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
300 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606